Tuesday, December 4, 2007

2 hours in Tokyo

I like being in Japan. It’s nice to be in a place where you are a giant. I feel bigger and therefore tough in Japan - until I remembered about Samurais, and the fact that the Japanese are bad-asses: They didn’t surrender in WWII until after *2* Atom Bombs were dropped on their country!! Not gunna lie, I would have waved the white flag before the Enola Gay even got within 100 miles of my coastline.

But anyway, I like how things are smaller and more efficient in Japan. There are 4 times as many recycling bins as there are trash cans. Plus, you don’t feel like a fatty when you eat a box of candy:


Want to eat a whole box of Japanese M&M’s – All 8 of them?

But I could never live in Japan. Even with all the food there is, I would still starve to death.

That is all, next stop: Singapore

5 comments:

Mary Bence said...

I'm going to love this blog! And you're right....you'd starve in Japan. Like mother, like son.

Stacy said...

At least you are not running into an over abundance of Mustard!!

Mary Bence said...

Stacy....or mayonnaise! Two of his favorites!

The gift from Brandon arrived yesterday. Don't think I'll forward it on to a foreign country, but I sure as hell ain't giving it to Steve! You know anyone in need?

-Mary

Stacy said...

Hey Mary

As a matter of fact I do...My ex-husband.

Mail it to him; hopefully he will take it and someone will lock him in a closet by himslf.

Joan Bence said...

In Japan, 1956-60, Randy and I would eat anything put in front of us. But your dad, Chris, and his dad would sit with teeth clenched.

In Japan in 1982, I refused to eat live shrimp so I guess I've become a picky eater.