Tuesday, December 4, 2007

CLICK CLICK - Welcome to Singapore!

Day one of my little adventure starts in the Singapore airport. It is midnight when we touch down and the connecting flight leaves in 7 hours. The ticket counters don't open until 5 AM, so I decided to follow what everyone else was doing and take a little nap. (On a side note, I thought I was extremely clever by putting the straps of my bags around my legs so if anyone tried to run off with them, I’d be dragged with them. Thats right, always thinking... :)

But I apparently aroused some suspicion. Maybe by sleeping where I was - I don't know. But if you know me, you know that airport security and I don't get along... I was awoken by a light kick on my foot. When I opened my eyes, came out of the daze and figured out where the hell I was, I noticed that not 2 feet from my face was one hell of an assault rifle. It wasn’t pointed at me, but its presence certainly wakes you the f*ck up in a hurry. The security guards left hand held the muzzle, and his right pointer finger was massaging the side of the trigger as if he was trying to say “I’m extremely bored… Please give me a reason to use this thing!” Well, I didn’t. I just did what they said and showed them what they wanted and they walked off, probably to go harass someone else who was tired and confused.

Sorry this story doesn’t have a more exciting ending! If you were there, this story is WAY more exciting than it needs to be.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

OMG! i would have been scared shitless! Welcome to Singapore, huh!